Buy Miniature Orchid Plants
About Orchid Miniatures
Miniature orchids are for those who have very limited space to grow a plant in. They are less than in height, excluding inflorescence or the cluster of blooms on a branch. These orchidplants can reach maturity in a small pot, about 3 inches in diameter.
Also see: The Best Websites to Buy Orchids as Gifts
Some of the favorite miniatures to grow are the following:
- Epidendrum longipetalum. The plant blooms gorgeous creamy green flowers sequentially for months. The delicately dangling petals look like dainty ballerinas.
- Epidendrum porpax. This is quick growing and blooms immediately into amazing-looking flowers.
- Gongora horichiana. This is less than half the size of most orchids. They grow in small pots and produce grapes of tan flowers.
- Oncidium cheirophorum. This plant is always a favorite among avid orchidists. It blooms into branches of multiple clear yellow flowers and gives a sunny accent anywhere it is.
- Pleurothallis caligularis. This small plant produces pretty half-inch-sized red flowers with a white lip.
Read about the most popular Orchids to grow at home here.
Our favorite miniature Orchids:
Tolumnia Popoki 'Mitzi' AM / AOS
Buy Orchid Plants Recommends These Orchids and Books:
Phalaenopsis Mistral's Sunrise Flame 'Mendenhall'
Lc. Mary Elizabeth Bohn 'Royal Flare' AM/AOS, will produce lovely blue flowers
Understanding Orchids: An Uncomplicated Guide to Growing the World's Most Exotic Plants
Cymbidium Mighty Remus 'Vintage' HCC/AOS orchid blooming size in 3.5 inch pot